Making a point to create some special holiday traditions is what makes the holiday season so magical and so special. Whether you are far from your families this year or near, the holiday magic is inside us. Traditions is what stands out in our minds for years to come. You may not remember what gift you opened on Christmas morning but you will remember the memories your family created. Holiday Traditions to try this year.
1. Bake and decorate holiday cookies. Do a cookie exchange with your close friends
2. Gingerbread house decorating contest
3. Hot Chocolate bar: marshmellows, candy canes, whip cream, sprinkles
4. Welcome the Elf on the Shelf to your home
5. Write to Santa—remember children grow fast
6. Have a Holiday Movie marathon night. The Elf is a must!!
7. Drive through neighborhoods looking at lights (We love Barrington Oaks, Brandon FL) Wear your holiday pajamas for extra fun
8. Send Christmas cards to friend, family, soliders, or even those in nursing homes
9. Attend a local Tree Lighting ceremony
10. Deck the Palms- and decorate your home and tree on December 1st so you can enjoy it all month
11. Have a holiday craft night. Try a DIY snow globe or your own tree ornaments.
12. Volunteer at a food bank, donate new toys and canned goods, or sponsor a family in need
13. Complete a random act of kindness
14. Make reindeer food
15. Open a present on Christmas Eve
16. Go Ice Skating in Downtown Tampa
17. Watch the Lighted Boat Parade
18. Wear your flip flops to the beach on Christmas and make a sand angel
19. Read the Christmas story and attend a candlelight service
20. Don’t forget to take a Christmas Morning Family photo, messy hair, pjs and all